Year round fun at Camp Sierra:
- In the summer the scenic old railroad bed just above the camp facility is great for hiking, biking or running.
- Fishing is excellent in nearby, well-stocked streams and lakes.
- In camp, a near-natural “Swimming Hole” provides fun for all ages and a spacious deck for lounging.
- A short hike on a scenic trail leads you down the canyon to Big Creek – a beautiful, active stream with historic “Pot Holes” for swimming.
- Located a short walk from camp is Balsam Creek, famous for its waterfalls and “slippery slides.”
- Playgrounds offer many enjoyable recreational activities for children.
- Enjoy volleyball, horseshoes, baseball, table tennis, half-court basketball and other group activities.
- In the evening, an open camp fire adds a warm, friendly glow to the cool mountain air.
- In winter the nearby mountains offer great sledding, tobogganing, snowshoeing and cross country skiing.